One of the most common areas of the face that the blackheads inflict is the nose. If uncared for, there can be a huge number of blackhead growth on the nose, some of them turning quite stubborn. While there are a number of physical means that are usually applied for removal of blackheads on the nose, there are plenty of natural remedies that work effectively. We made a list of some of these natural remedies for blackheads for you to try out at home with some simple ingredients.
Why do we get blackheads on nose?
Blackheads can be caused on multiple places on the skin and the reasons for them are much the same as on the nose as well, with the skin on the nose being more sensitive in comparison. Here are a few reasons we get blackheads on our nose.
- Excessive oil production through the skin of the nose.
- Exposure to pollution.
- A diet with way too many oily foods.
- Exposure to a particular allergen that could be causing the blackheads – like change in hormones of the body or any other reason.
10 Natural remedies for blackheads on nose
Ten of the best home remedies for blackheads are elaborated upon here. These methods are simple to use and can be tried at home all by yourself. They should be used regularly for the results to be shown at the quickest.
Steaming your face
Steam inhaling for blackheads is one of the most commonly used techniques because of its simple use and its efficacy. For clearing the blackheads on your nose, steaming works well because it shows the following actions.
- It can open up the pores and clear the dirt and oil that causes blackheads and therefore is most effective.
- It also acts against any bacteria or viruses present in the pores due to the clearing up and the heat. Using an essential oil or camphor can better serve this purpose.
Steam inhaling with camphor for blackheads on the nose:
Steam inhaling can be done with an additional ingredient like camphor for better use in eliminating blackheads and in prevention of acne and other problems. You can do this in the following simple steps at home.
Step 1 : Take a large vessel and fill it upto half with water.
Step 2: Bring it to boil.
Step 3 : Drop some camphor to this water.
Step 4 : Inhale the steam by covering the area around your face with a towel so that the steam does not escape.
Step 5 : Continue this with breaks for about 20 minutes to half an hour.
A remedy that you can swear by for getting rid of your blackheads on the nose is using lemon juice. It is effective and simple for use, along with being available everywhere on the globe. Here’s why lemon is good for blackheads and acne.
- It is a powerful anti-oxidant and therefore helps in unclogging of pores effectively by removing the dead cells and the sebum.
- It is anti-microbial and can kill the microbes that cause and spread the blackheads.
How to use lemon juice for blackheads on your nose:
You can simply rub a piece of half cut lemon onto your nose for a while for the anti-acne action to show. You can also use it in the form of a face mask or just rub it on the nose for equally effective action. We show you how to use lemon juice to rub it on your nose.
Step 1 : Squeeze some lemons into bowl.
Step 2 : You can dilute it if you think that the juice is too string for your skin, however, undiluted form of the juice is definitely much more effective.
Step 3 : Using a cotton bud or a cotton ball, rub it juice on your nose after you dip it into the juice.
Step 4 : Leave it on overnight and wash your face the next day.
Repeating this process every day for a few weeks can show good results against your blackheads.
3. Oatmeal scrub
An occasional scrub for your face can do a great amount of benefit in keeping blackheads at bay. Scrubbing can also be a great remedy for blackheads that have already inflicted the face and the nose. Oatmeal is one of the most commonly used scrub ingredients because of some reasons that make it good for the purpose. And some of those reasons are,
- The granular nature of oatmeal can remove dead cells and unclog the pores that are filled with sebum and dirt by applying physical pressure.
- They are highly nutritious and help with increasing the skin’s ability to fight against the blackheads byitself.
How to use an Oatmeal scrub for blackheads on the nose:
Using an oatmeal scrub can be done in some simple steps with basic ingredients from your kitchen. We use milk as the base as it does its bit in eliminating blackheads. These are the steps you should follow for the purpose.
Step 1 : Take some oatmeal that is slightly granular and add milk to it.
Step 2 : Mix them both together such that they form a paste that is uniform.
Step 3 : Rub it over the skin and especially on the nose area.
Step 4 : Leave it on for a while or wash it off immediately.
Epsom salt scrub
One of the best means to exfoliating our skin to get rid of blackheads is to scrub it occasionally. Epsom salt is the best scrub that can be used for this purpose and works well for getting rid of blackheads on the nose as well. Reasons why Epsom salt scrub is used for blackheads.,
- Epsom salt scrub removes the blackheads by physically ousting them out of their pores.
- It can remove excess dead cells of the skin and sebum by abrasion against the skin and thereby prevent formation of additional blackheads and the development of pimples or acne from blackheads.
- It is an anti-bacterial agent and therefore is capable of killing the bacteria that cause the blackheads.
How to use an Epsom salt scrub for removal of blackheads on nose:
Epsom salt can be used in the form of a simple scrub or with a cream used as an exfoliating massage cream. Here is how you can use it directly.
Step 1 : Take some Epsom salt into a bowl and add just a few drops of water so that the salt is still granular.
Step 2 : Rub this over your nose and around the nose for about 15 to 20 minutes gently.
Step 3 : After you are done wash it off with warm water.
Step 4 : You can use this Epsom salt scrub for blackheads two to three times everyday.
Honey is a simple and safe natural ingredient that can act against the blackheads on the nose upon regular application. Why is honey used for blackheads and how to use it? Let’s look at some of the reasons that make it good for the purpose here.
- Honey can balance the Ph and thereby the skin can fight against the conditions that produced the blackheads and the blackheads themselves.
- Honey hydrates the skin and removes excess sebum both at the same time.
- It tightens the skin pores and thereby act as a natural peel for blackhead removal once it hardens.
- It is an anti-microbial and works against the blackhead causing bacteria.
How to use honey for blackheads on the nose:
It is through some simple techniques that you can use honey for the removal of the blackheads on your nose. We show you one of the most simple means there is.
Step 1 : Take some honey apply the undiluted, hard version of it over your nose and around the nose.
Step 2 : Leave it on for about half hour and rinse it off with water or peel it off.
Step 3 : Repeat this procedure every day for good results.
6 .Orange peel
Orange is one of the most useful anti-oxidants there is for the skin and can work wonders for skin problems, especially for acne and blackheads. Here is why it is commonly used for blackheads.
- Orange, with its natural anti-oxidant action, can increase the natural immunity of the skin and make the skin cells fight against the blackheads themselves.
- They remove the bacteria that cause the blackheads.
- They also have the tendency to clean the dead cells from the skin.
How to use orange peel for blackheads:
We make Orange peel with orange peel powder and gelatin. Although this is a slightly elaborate process, it can be done in the following simple steps.
Step 1 : Take the peels of oranges and dry them under the sun or in an oven.
Step 2 : After they completely dry up, they are to be ground and made into a powder.
Step 3 : Take some of this powder and mix it with gelatin powder in about a ratio of 3 : 1.
Step 4 : Add water and make this into a paste.
Step 5 : Apply some of this paste over your nose and leave it on for a while.
Step 6 : Peel it off so that the blackheads come away along with them.
Step 7 : Use this peel once a day for good and quick anti-blackhead results.
Toothpaste is one of the commonly used household remedies for blackheads and is effective too. It is simple to use and can get rid of blackheads, pimples as well as acne. Here’s why it works.
- Triclosan, the primary chemical that is present in the toothpaste makes it cleanse out the pores.
- It dries up the skin and thereby allows the pores to oust of excess sebum.
- It is also anti-bacterial and kills the bacteria that is responsible for the formation of blackheads.
How to use toothpaste for the removal of blackheads on nose:
Using toothpaste can be done in a simple procedure and removes pimples, blackheads as well as acne upon regular use. Here’s how you use it.
Step 1 : Take some toothpaste onto your finger and apply it over your nose and around your nose.
Step 2 : Let it harden up by leaving it on for 15 minutes.
Step 3 : Wash it off with warm water.
Green tea powder
Green tea powder is used commonly for the removal of blackheads for its effectiveness on them along with many other related skin problems like acne and pimples. The reasons why green tea powder is good for your skin,
- It is anti-oxidizing agent which can remove dead cells as well as increase the immunity of the skin allowing it to fight the blackheads by itself.
- It acts against the bacteria that cause blackheads.
How to use green tea powder for blackheads on nose:
Green tea powder can be used in the form of a mask or scrub or by rubbing the tea over your nose as well. We show you how to use a simple green tea scrub for removal of blackheads.
Step 1 : Take some green tea leaves and make them into a powder by crushing them such that it is not finally made into a powder.
Step 2 : Add little water to it and make a granular paste out of the two.
Step 3 : Apply it over your nose and rub it for about 20 minutes.
Step 4 : Wash it off with warm water after the process is done.
Exfoliation with a baking soda mask
Baking soda can be used for exfoliation in many forms, one of them being a baking soda mask. It is one of the effective means to removing blackheads from the nose as well as the rest of the face for the following reasons.
- Baking soda can be used as a cleansing agent for the pores of the skin thereby removing dead cells and sebum.
- It acts against the bacteria that cause the blackheads.
- It balances the Ph of the skin at the area where it is applied and thereby acts in the removal of blackheads.
How to use a baking soda mask for blackheads on the nose:
Baking soda can be used for removal of blackheads on the nose by many means – in the form of a scrub, mask as well as a face wash. We show you how you can use it in the form of a mask.
Step 1 : Take a few teaspoons of baking soda into a bow.
Step 2 : Add some water to it that is enough to make it into a paste.
Step 3 : Apply it all over the skin as well as the nose and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 4 : Wash it off with warm water after it dries up.
Step 5 : Use this mask every alternate day for blackheads.
Making a honey and cinnamon nose strip
Making a simple nose strip right at home with natural ingredients like honey and cinnamon is an effective means to remove blackheads from the nose. We use honey and cinnamon for these reasons.
Honey can harden the pores and remove excess sebum thereby removing blackheads.
It can also act as an anti-bacterial agent and get rid of bacteria that cause the blackheads.
Cinnamon, being a spice is astringent by nature and fights the bacteria along with the removal of dead cells.
How to make honey and cinnamon nose strips for blackheads on nose:
With slight care and attention, the process of using honey and cinnamon in the form of nose strips is quite simple. Here’s how you do it.
Step 1 : Take some honey and add a teaspoon or more of cinnamon powder to it.
Step 2 : Apply this paste over your nose and place a cotton strip on the part of your skin where it is applied.
Step 3 : Let it harden for a bit and after it does, slowly pull off the cotton strips along with the honey and cinnamon mixture.
Step 4 : Wash your face with warm water after you are done.
Since most of these ingredients are naturally obtained and aren’t rough on use, they can be used without the need for any apprehension regarding side effects. However, in case of any slight adverse reactions, you should consult a professional. We’d also suggest that you take the basic precautionary measures while using them.