Papaya face masks for skin lighting: Papayas are one of the world’s favourite fruits for their benefits internally and externally to the body. They have been used extensively for enhancing the beauty of the skin, one the best ways of using them being in the form of a papaya face mask. A papaya face mask has got a number of benefits for the skin and they’re very easy to use too. Here are some of the benefits of papayas and papaya face masks elaborated.
What makes a papaya face mask good for the face?
Papayas are filled with many substances that make it great for the skin. Some of them are listed out here.
|Nutrition||Benefits of Glowing Skin|
|BHA (Beta Hydroxy acid)||The reason that papaya is used in many face washes and face masks is because it is a very good exfoliator for the skin, removing dead cells and cleaning up the skin very effectively. This quality of papayas is attributed to the presence of BHA or Beta Hydroxy Acid which allows the exfoliating action|
|Water content||Papayas in general are fruits with a high quantity of water in them. This allows the skin to get hydrated and moisturized while we use it as a face pack. It also balances out the excessive oiliness.|
|Vitamins A and C||Vitamins A and C are also present in high amounts in papaya which causes the fruit to be an anti-oxidant. This allows the dark spots and marks to be eliminated from the skin.|
|Papain||Papayas are also rich in papain, a protein that unclogs the pores of the skin. This allows for the removal of excess dirt and oil preventing the formation of blackheads, whiteheads and acne on the surface of the skin.|
|Flavonoids||The flavonoids present in papayas help with the collagen production of the skin which leads to a soft and firm skin. This is yet another reason why papayas are used as age-defying and anti-ageing natural ingredients.|
Benefits of a papaya face mask
Thanks to all the chemical constituents present in papayas, they are highly beneficial for the skin, with their benefits ranging through many areas. Some of the gifts they bestow upon our skin are.,
Skin brightening They cause brightening of the skin because of their property of reducing dark spots and marks on the skin. They also cause clarification of the surface of the skin and are anti-tanning in nature.
Removal of dead cells/ exfoliating/ cleansing Regular usage of papayas helps clean the skin from all the dirt and oil that got clogged in the pores of the skin. This is because of its exfoliating action that is caused by the BHAs present in it.
Anti-black and white heads Since papayas help clear the oiliness of the skin and cleanse the pores upon regular use, they help prevent the formation of black heads and white heads on the skin. This will also help prevent acne breakouts.
Anti-ageing Papayas cause the formation of collagen in the skin which helps make the skin firm and soft. They used so often in anti-ageing creams because of this very reason.
Anti-fungal Papayas also have an anti-fungal nature to them which makes them a good natural medicine for fungal infections that inflict the skin. It also helps them fight acne.
10 Papaya face masks you can make at home
Upon using a good base, papaya face masks can be made easily with ingredients that are available right in your kitchen. Here are ten such face masks made out of papaya that can get you a great, glowing skin.
Papaya + honey + lemon face mask
One of the best ways to use papaya for skin is to make a face mask out of papaya with lemon and honey as the bases. Honey and lemon are known to together add a natural glow to the face. Here’s how you make this simple mask at home.
- Peel papaya skin and make a paste out of the pulp.
- Add some honey and lemon juice to this and mix them all up into a fine paste.
- Apply it all over the face and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Papaya + apple cider vinegar face mask
Apple cider vinegar is yet another good choice for a base for a papaya face mask. Along with acting as a base, it can also add its own benefits like removing pimples and balancing the oily nature of the skin. Here’s how you make this mask.
- Peel the skin of papayas and make a paste out of the pulp.
- Add some apple cider vinegar to this and mix it well so that the paste like consistency is retained.
- Apply this over your face and leave it on for a 20 minutes before you rinse it off.
Papaya + green tea leaves + fuller’s earth mask
Fuller’s earth, also called as multani mitti acts as a great base to just about any ingredient we would like to use on our face. Green tea leaves are also known to exfoliate and brighten the skin similar to papayas. This is how the mask is made.
- Make a paste out of papayas and add green tea leaves to this.
- Mix the two of them up well and add fuller’s earth to this.
- Add some water and make it all into a fine brownish paste.
- Apply it all over the face, leave it on for half an hour an rinse it off.
Papaya + cucumber + lemon juice face mask
Cucumber paste, much like papayas is known to enhance the complexion of the skin and cause its brightening. When we add lemon juice to the mixture of these two, it forms an effective cure for many skin ailments along with giving the skin a natural glow.
- Make a paste out of peeled cucumber pulp and peeled papaya pulp and mix them up.
- After the paste is consistently uniform, add some lemon juice to this.
- Apply this all over the face and leave it on for about a half an hour.
- Wash it off with warm water or a natural face wash.
Papaya + Banana face mask
Together, papaya and banana make for an excellent anti-ageing paste due to their ability to make the skin firm and soft. Here’s how you make this papaya and banana age-defying face mask.
- Peel the skin of papayas and make them into a paste.
- Make a paste out of mashed bananas.
- Mix the two of them together adding water if necessary to form a paste.
- Apply this all over the skin and leave it on for about half an hour.
- Rinse it off with a natural face wash.
Papaya + Almond meal + apple cider vinegar
Almond meal is yet another common face mask ingredient used commonly because it is nutritious for the skin along with also causing brightening of the skin due to its Vitamin E. A mask of papayas, almond meal and apple cider vinegar can be great for the skin. Here’s how you make it.
- Peel the skin of papayas and make a paste out of this,
- Add some almond meal (made from ground almonds that were soaked in milk) to this.
- Mix the two well with a little bit of apple cider vinegar as the base.
- Apply it all over the face and leave it on for about 20 minutes before you rinse it off.
Papaya + Argan oil
Papaya paste is great for oily as well as dry skin but using an oily base can make it much more beneficial for people with dry skin as it allows the papaya paste to be left on the skin for a bit longer. Here’s how you make this papaya and argan oil paste.
- Peel the papaya skin and make a paste out of them.
- Add some argan oil to this and mix it up thoroughly.
- Apply it all over the face and leave it on for about a 20 minutes after slight massaging.
- Wash it off with a natural face wash.
Papaya + Avocado face mask
Avocado paste is yet another highly used face mask ingredient for its ability to add nutrition to the skin along with a natural shine. A papaya and avocado paste mask can be a great facial regime for the skin. Here’s how you make this mask.
- Peel the skin of papayas and avocados and make a paste of the two.
- Mix the two pastes together, adding water if necessary to bring it to a paste like consistency.
- Apply it all over the face and the neck and leave it on for about a half an hour.
- Rinse it off with water.
Papaya + oatmeal + honey face mask
Oatmeal is yet another cleansing face mask ingredient that is used very commonly. Along with papaya, it can make for a great base as well as enhance the properties of papaya in cleansing and beautifying the skin. Honey is also used to form a base while also adding a certain softness and glow to the skin.
- Peel the skin of papayas and make a paste out of them.
- Add some oatmeal to it along with a few spoons of honey.
- Make a fine paste of the three of them apply it to the face.
- Leave it on for a half an hour before you rinse it off.
Papaya + turmeric + yogurt face mask
Yogurt and turmeric are together used very often for their anti-acne action. Together, papaya, turmeric and yogurt face mask can work against a lot of skin issues like spots, pimples and wrinkles. Here’s how you make this mask.
- Mash papaya pulp and add yogurt to this.
- Mix the two of them together and add some turmeric to this.
- After mixing thoroughly, apply it to the face and leave it on for about half an hour.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
With papaya being a completely natural ingredient, there are no reported side effects from using these face masks unless you are specifically allergic to papayas. However, if you are dubious while using any of the other ingredients that were mentioned above, get yourself a patch test done just to confirm that they are good for your skin. It would surely be a sin not use make use of such a beneficial fruit for enhancing the beauty of skin. So go ahead and give one of these papaya masks a try and be sure to give us a feedback!
Table of Contents