Blackheads are one of the most commonly inflicting skin problem and can affect a person with pretty much any skin type. Although blackheads pop up all over the face and sometimes body, they are especially prominent and visible on the forehead. So how do we deal with these blackheads on the forehead? We have 10 natural remedies for blackheads that are especially effective for the ones on the forehead and you have got to give these a try to see just how effective they can be!
Table of Contents
Why Do We Get Blackheads On The Forehead?
Blackheads anywhere on the skin are caused when the skin cells become accumulated with dirt and sebum in excess and this closes the pores. The pores then develop a slight swelling in the form of blackheads and whiteheads and later on gives rise to bigger manifestations such as pimples and acne. Here is why you could be getting more blackheads on your forehead in comparison with the rest of your face.
- An especially oily forehead.
- An oily scalp that leads to oil accumulation on the forehead.
- Exposure of your face to dirt and pollutants regularly.
10 DIY Methods To Get Rid Of Blackheads On Your Forehead
A little attention and care towards the blackheads can remove them with ease without the necessity for gruesome and painful processes to be required. Here are ten such natural remedies for blackheads on your forehead that can be used with much ease.
1. Lemon scrub
A lemon scrub is a great way to get rid of blackheads on the smooth and even surface of your forehead. Lemon in any form has been touted to be a great natural remedy for blackheads, acne and pimples. And here is why it is so good for eliminating the blackheads.
- It is a strong anti-oxidant that makes it remove all the dead skin cells and sebum that gets clogged in the pores giving rise to blackheads and acne.
- It can boost the natural immunity of the skin to fight blackheads.
- It works against the bacteria that are sometimes involved in the formation of blackheads on your forehead.
How to use lemon as a scrub for blackheads:
Using lemon as a scrub on your forehead can be done in these simple steps.
Step 1 : Take a whole lemon and cut it into a half.
Step 2 : Take one of these halves and rub the juicy portion over your forehead gently.
Step 3 : Continue with the rubbing for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 4 : Leave the residual lemon juice on your forehead and wash it off after a few hours.
2. Cucumber scrub
Cucumber is one of those vegetables that is extremely good for the skin. We can use it in the form of a scrub for removal of blackheads and a possible acne from our foreheads as it can show the following actions on them.
- It is hydrating to the cells of the skin and therefore keeps them from drying up.
- It can remove excess sebum and dirt from the clogged skin pores by acting physically as well as because of its cleansing nature.
- It can act against the bacteria that could be involved in the formation of the blackheads.
How to use cucumber for removal of blackheads from the forehead:
We use cucumber as a scrub – one of the most effective ways for it to act against the blackheads as it shows its physical as well as chemical uses upon them.
Step 1 : Take a fresh cucumber and cut it into slices.
Step 2 : Take a slice that is a little thicker and rub it over your forehead gently.
Step 3 : Continue with the rubbing for about half an hour with occasional breaks.
Step 4 : You can use this remedy more than once a day for effective results against blackheads as well as acne.
3. Brown sugar exfoliation
Exfoliation is a process that cleans up the pores of the skins and should be done regularly to avoid their clogging up leading to blackheads and acne. It involves scrubbing of a few granular ingredients over the skin so that they gently remove the blackheads from the pores of the skin. Brown sugar, being granular in nature can help with that. Let us look at why.
- Brown sugar can attend to the skin pores and remove dirt and oil that is clogged within them because of its granular nature.
- It can also enhance the skins ability to heal itself by boosting its immunity.
How to use Brown sugar for blackheads on the forehead:
Brown sugar can be used in the form of an exfoliating scrub on the forehead to remove the blackheads and pimples. We can also add essential oils to enhance the exfoliating affect.
Step 1 : Take some brown sugar and add enough water to it to make it into a granular paste.
Step 2 : Add a few drops of Tea tree essential oil to it.
Step 3 : Rub this mixture gently over your forehead for about 20 minutes.
Step 4: Wash it off after you leave it on your forehead for a few minutes.
Using this exfoliating technique everyday can be useful in getting rid of blackheads quickly.
4. Steaming your forehead
Application of steam is one of the most effective ways in which you can heal your skin of blackheads. It is simple and can be done without any supervision too. Here’s why it can remove blackheads easily.
- Steam tends to open up the pores of the skin and remove the dirt and the sebum that gets clogged in it. It this cleans out the pores completely.
- It can also act as an anti-microbial and destroy the bacteria that cause blackheads sometimes.
How to apply steam for blackheads on forehead:
Application of steam is a simple process that we show you here. Using an essential oil like peppermint oil as we use in this case can be helpful as well.
Step 1 : Take some water into a vessel and heat it to boil.
Step 2 : Add a few drops of peppermint oil to it.
Step 3 : Place your face before the vessel such that the forehead is exposed to the steam.
Step 4 : Cover your head with a towel if needed so that the steam does not escape.
Repeating the steaming procedure as often as you can be of great help in removing blackheads on your forehead.
5. Nutmeg and milk exfoliation
Nutmeg and milk can together be used for exfoliation of the skin and thereby help in the removal of blackheads. While the nutmeg acts against blackheads, the milk acts as the carrier for the nutmeg. Here‘s why this scrub is a good anti-blackhead remedy.
- Nutmegs can cause a cleansing of the pores by removing the clogging with the application of physical pressure.
- They can also absorb the sebum that is stored in the pores.
How to use nutmeg and milk for blackheads
We can use the nutmegs and milk in this simple procedure that we show you below.
Step 1 : Take some nutmegs and grind them so that they are granular.
Step 2 : Add some milk to this and make a paste out of the two.
Step 3 : Apply it over the forehead and scrub it gently for a while.
Step 4 :Wash it off or leave it on for a whole before you wash it off.
Step 5 :Use it every day for good anti-blackhead results.
6. Epsom salt scrub
Epsom salt can be a great scrub ingredient and is used very often for clearing blackheads. We use it for clearing blackheads on the forehead for the following benefits that it can show.
- By the application of physical pressure, the granules of the Epsom salt remove the dirt from the clogged pores.
- The salt is anti-microbial in nature and can remove any bacteria and virus that is involved in the formation and the spreading of the blackheads.
How to use an Epsom salt scrub for blackheads on the forehead:
Getting an Epsom salt of a good brand is one of the most important tasks you have and once you do that, it is very easy to use it as an anti-blackhead scrub for your forehead.
Step 1 : Take some Epsom salt into a bowl.
Step 2 : Add very little water or aloe vera gel to it and mix it well.
Step 3 : Rub it over your forehead gently for about 15 minutes.
Step 4 :Wash it off your face and rinse your face.
Using this remedy every day can get rid of blackheads quickly and effectively.
7. Baking soda and apple cider vinegar mask
Baking soda and Apple cider vinegar are used together for healing many skin ailments and blackheads, pimples and acne are some of them. They work well together as they balance out each other’s pH. Here’s why this mask is a good remedy for blackheads.
- They cleanse out the pores being powerful exfoliating agents.
- They balance out the ph of the skin at the area where blackheads are formed so that the skin heals itself.
- They can kill the bacteria that form and spread the blackheads.
- Sebum from the pores is removed as they dry the skin up.
How to make the apple cider vinegar and baking soda mask:
Once you get an apple cider vinegar and baking soda of the right brand and concentration, this mask can be made at home in this simple procedure.
Step 1 : Take some baking soda powder into a bowl.
Step 2 : Add some apple cider vinegar to it and mix the two of them to form a paste.
Step 3 : Apply this mask over your face and leave it on for about a 15 minutes.
Step 4 :Wash it off and rinse your face with warm water.
8. Tea tree oil + Aloe vera gel mask
Tea tree oil and aloe vera gel together make for a great face mask for the skin not just for blackheads but also for other benefits. Both the ingredients are great for clearing the clogged pores of blackheads and can be extremely effective because of the following properties.
- Tea tree oil removes excess sebum while aloe vera gel hydrates the pores.
- They act against the bacteria that cause the blackheads.
- Tea tree oil and aloe vera are anti-inflammatory and soothe redness and swelling on the skin where the blackheads are formed.
How to make the tea tree oil and aloe vera gel mask for blackheads:
Step 1 : Take some aloe vera gel into a bowl.
Step 2 : Add a few drops of tea tree oil to it and mix it thoroughly in it.
Step 3 : Apply this mixture all over the forehead as well as the rest of your face.
Step 4 : Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off.
9. Turmeric, honey and oatmeal scrub
Turmeric, honey and oatmeal together make for a highly effective anti-blackhead scrub which can show quick results when used regularly. All the three agents are anti-blackhead and anti-acne agents and act because of the following reasons.
Oatmeal can act by physically cleansing the pores that have been clogged with dirt and sebum.
Turmeric is an anti-infective and kills the bacteria that are involved in the formation of the blackheads.
Honey also acts by hydrating the pores as well as removing the bacteria that cause the blackheads.
How to make the honey, turmeric and oatmeal scrub for blackheads:
This simple mask with these ingredients can be made very easily at home as the ingredients are pretty much available all over the globe.
Step 1 : Take some oatmeal (which is granular) into a bowl.
Step 2 : Add some honey to it and mix it well.
Step 3 : Add a teaspoon of turmeric to it and mix it well so that it is uniform.
Step 4 : Apply this over your forehead and scrub it gently for about 15 minutes.
Step 5 : Wash it off your face and rinse with warm water.
10. Cinnamon and gelatin mask
Cinnamon is one of the kitchen spices that has often been used as a blackhead remedy and works well too. We use gelatin as a peel off mask ingredient that dries up the pores and helps clear them thereby. Here is why cinnamon is good for blackheads.
- It is a powerful anti-oxidant and can help in clearing the pores of the skin by removing dead cells and sebum.
- Cinnamon also controls the growth of the bacteria that is involved in the production of the blackheads.
How to make a cinnamon and gelatin mask for blackheads:
Cinnamon and gelatin powder are both easily available ingredients that can be made into a peel off mask in this simple procedure.
Step 1 : Take some cinnamon powder into a bowl.
Step 2 : Add gelatin powder to it as well and add water by slowly mixing the three of them into a paste.
Step 3 : Apply this paste all over your forehead as well as the rest of your face.
Step 4 : Peel it off slowly and wash your face after you’re done.
While there is plenty of medication now available for blackheads, we would advise you to give these remedies a try. However, make sure that you have taken enough precautions before using these remedies so that there are no adverse effects. We especially advise against the over-use of any of these remedies for blackheads.