Blackheads on the back : Remedies that are effective
Blackheads, one of the most common problems that can affect the skin can occur in multiple places on the body, some of them surprisingly common. For instance, getting blackheads on the back is much more prevalent that we would imagine. Sometimes, these blackheads turn into acne and pimples on the back which could be painful. We take a comprehensive look at how we can prevent and how we can fight these blackheads on the back with some simple remedies you can give yourself at home.
Why Do We Get Blackheads On The Back?
A blackhead is caused when one of the pores of your hair follicles gets clogged with dirt or sebum. There are many reasons why your back could be inflicted with blackheads and some of them are listed out here.
- Because of a possible residue of shampoo or soap on the back that can turn into blackheads as they block the pores of the skin on the back, filling them with chemicals. A thorough washing of the back every time you bathe is therefore necessary.
- Sweat getting trapped on the hair follicles of the back that can be caused by clothing that does not absorb sweat nor allows it to escape. This is more common in people who regularly work out in uncomfortable clothes. Washing your back each time you work out and choosing to wear, loose, light clothing can be one way to prevent the formation of blackheads this way.
- Eating unhealthy foods that lead to the clogging of skin pores all over the body, the back included is yet another reason you could be getting a whole lot of blackheads on your back including back acne. Maintaining a balanced diet is therefore a remedy for this.
- A drastic change in the hormones of the body can also sometimes lead to blackheads on the back as the pores get blocked with an excess of sebum that is produced. There isn’t much we can do in this case except control the hormonal changes. Since that cannot be possible most of the times, we use external methods to remove blackheads in such cases.
- The causes for blackheads on the back are many times a result of hereditary. It has been proven that acne can be got through genetic factors just as blackheads are. In such cases, all you can do is try and prevent the triggers for blackheads and remove them before they get too big.
How to Remove Blackheads on The Back?
Back acne could be a stubborn form of acne and hence needs plenty of care. There are many remedies and means to get rid of blackheads from the back although the procedures are slightly more difficult when compared to removal of blackheads from the face. We explore some of these techniques you can possibly try at home.
Exfoliation on a regular basis can prevent as well as keep a check on the growth of blackheads on your back. There are many natural exfoliating agents that are effective in keeping blackheads and acne in check. Oatmeal is one of them. We show you how to make a simple exfoliating scrub using oatmeal and honey that can work against your back acne. It cleanses the pores and removes any dirt and oil that can lead to blackheads and pimples.
Step 1 : Take some oatmeal into a bowl.
Step 2 : Add a few spoons of honey into it and make a thick paste out of it.
Step 3 : Rub this paste all over your back before you bathe every time.
Step 4 : You can also use this exfoliating scrub elsewhere on the body.
Using seas salt for back acne has been a norm since a long time now for its benefits. It can kill the bacteria that cause pimples and blackheads and also lead to the drying up of the skin which can make it less oily. Here’s a simple way in which to use sea salt for the blackheads on your back.
Step 1 : Fill your bath with steaming water.
Step 2 :Add some sea-salt to it.
Step 3 : Soak yourself in this water for about 15 minutes or bathe with this water.
Step 4 : Do this every time you bath .This is one of the simplest and the most effective ways to use sea salt for getting rid of not just the acne on your back but anywhere else on your body.
Alternatively, you can also use sea salt as a scrub for back acne and it can be equally effective.
Using a Salicylic acid bodywash
Salicylic acid is one of the best remedies there is for blackheads. We can also use salicylic acid on the back in some simple techniques – by making a body wash as we show here. Salicylic acid is good for your blackheads on the back because it can
- Remove the dead cells from the skin.
- Salicylic acid, also called as BHA can remove dirt and oil from the pores of the skin being an exfoliating agent.
- It can also help in restoring the ph balance of the skin.
Making a simple salicylic acid body wash at home
Salicylic acid can be found in many fruits such as the Papayas and pineapples and using them in the form of scrubs and body washes is a great way to use salicylic acid for your back. However, the concentration of salicylic acid is not definite and this makes it difficult to estimate its healing prowess. We therefore use this DIY salicylic acid body wash that you can make at home in these simple steps.
Step 1 : Get yourself some salicylic acid of the concentration of 15 % from a drug store near your house. Make sure that it is measured right and is of a good quality.
Step 2 : Take some water into a bowl and a few spoons of liquid soap to it.
Step 3 : You can also add essential oils like Rosemary or Lavender for their scent and healing properties.
Step 4 : Mix it thoroughly and use it to wash your back.
Step 5 : You can use this as a body-wash once a day for quick results against your back acne.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has been an effective remedy for acne and blackheads for a while because of its effective healing capabilities. It can likewise, work in eradicating blackheads on the back as well. The reason why tea tree oil has been so effective for blackheads on the back because it is,
- An anti-microbial that works against bacteria or other microbes that could be causing the breakouts of the blackheads.
- It removes the excessive oil in the pores of the skin that cause blackheads by drying up the skin to an extent.
- It reduces the inflammation and the itching that often results from back acne.
How to use tea tree oil for blackheads on the back?
We show you a simple massage technique in which you can use tea tree oil for clearing out the blackheads on your back. We use the tea of tea tree oil so that it helps dry up the skin while also showing its action.
Step 1 : Take some water and bring it to boil.
Step 2 : Add a teaspoon of tea tree oil to it and mix it in the water (although it won’t dissolve entirely)
Step 3 : Dip a cotton ball in this liquid after it has cooled down.
Step 4 : Apply it all over your back and leave it on for half an hour or more before you wash it off.
Step 5 : Repeat this remedy for blackheads atleast 2 to 3 times a day for quick results.
A cream with Benzoyl peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide is yet another commonly used household ingredient for acne. It is used as a cleanser generally and works especially getting rid of blackheads because of these properties that it has got.
- It is anti-microbial in nature and kills the bacteria that cause blackheads and pimples.
- It can cleanse the pores that are clogged with oil and dirt during the blackhead formation.
- It maintains the ph on the inflicted skin and thereby makes sure that the blackheads do not spread.
How to use Benzoyl Peroxide for blackheads on the back?
We can use benzoyl peroxide in the form of topical moisturizers as well as scrubs and body washes for cleaning out the pores. Here’s how you make a benzoyl peroxide scrub for the back using brown sugar as the base.
Step 1 : Take some brown sugar and water and heat the two of them in the right proportions until you get a thick, paste-like scrub.
Step 2 : Add a teaspoon of benzoyl peroxide and mix it into this scrub.
Step 3 : Scrub your back with this and let it stay on the skin for a while.
Step 4 : Wash it off as you bathe.
Step 5 : Use this remedy atleast twice a day for good results.
Cleansers with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is yet another commonly used remedy for blackheads and is extremely effective because of the following reasons.
- It is cleansing in nature and cleanses the pores from dirt and oil.
- It can balance the skin ph and thereby stop the spreading of the blackheads throughout the back.
- It also acts against any possible microbes that cause the blackheads.
How to use Apple cider vinegar for removal of blackheads from the back?
Apple cider vinegar can be used in many means on your back for clearing blackheads. We show you how to make a body wash with apple cider vinegar that can cleanse your back.
Step 1 : Take some apple cider vinegar and dilute it to 50% or less with clean water.
Step 2 : Add some liquid castile soap to this and shake it well.
Step 3 : Add a few drops of essential oil to this and shake it once again such that all the ingredients are mixed up well.
Step 4 : Wash your back with this wash at least two to three times a day for keeping blackheads at bay.
- Using physical methods has been very common for removal of blackheads and these techniques can also be used on your back. However, you will have to make sure that you have the proper guidance and training to use these techniques.
- Shower as frequently as you can, especially if you are already inflicted with these blackheads, pimples and acne just so that it keeps the skin fresh and clean.
- Wear clothes which are made of a comfortable fabric that does not react with your skin and are loose enough for the skin to be able to breathe.
- Some of the remedies mentioned above may not be used by pregnant women or when you are on other medications. You should consult a physician in such cases.
With some care and attention, it is easy to get rid of blackheads on your back right at home with these simple remedies. Along with your prescribed medication, a regular use of these techniques can help a great deal. Try them out and don’t forget to leave your reviews with us.